Mother's Day Weekend was beautiful and spent most of it outside. My family and I worked up an appetite hiking around Castle Hill Island and swimming for the first time this season. We cooked up the perfect Mother's Day Weekend treat after an afternoon of fun in the sun.
- cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- Crusty bread, for serving
In a very large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic, parsley and cook over moderately high heat for 10 seconds, stirring. Add the shrimp and cook over high heat, stirring once, until they are pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to small bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Hass avocado—peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch dice
Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, tomatoes and avocado, toss gently to coat and serve.